Thursday, September 13, 2007

Home Routes House concerts

Well, we're back to the real world, but it was one heck of a weekend in Regina! There were so many highlights for me, and so many great memories made as well as new friendships formed. Moments that stick out most for me were the opportunity to have a conversation with Valdy again (we had met 6 years ago at Winnipeg's Huron Carol) and he was just a gracious now as then. He was even sweet enough to ask me to autograph my cd for him! What a guy!
Another highlight was having the opportunity to chat with Sean Smith of the Poverty Plainsman about who the real heroes of the weekend were, and certainly he was one for me.
I also got to share conversations with some of the masters of the songwriting world...what gifts they give us all by sharing their craft. I can't say enough good about the weekend, the people or the job that Regina did in presenting the week.

Now we're home we're excitedly gearing up for our first Home Routes Concert. Home Routes is a new concept that is taking place across Western Canada in supporting travelling roots based artists by giving them an opportunity to put on a house concert in your home as they make their way across the country. For more information check out http://homeroutes.ca/ .We've started to familiarize ourselves with the artists we will be hosting and what wonderful talent we'll be experiencing! I can't wait! Next week is our first concert which will feature the husband and wife team, The Laws. I'll let you know when it's over!

On another front, I'm back in college, so that's been a new experience for me! Who'd have thought at this stage of m life, but it's been awesome. It takes a little juggling to put things mildly, but it's all going to be worth it I'm sure. It just adds one more dimension to an already full life!
Later,
Lynda
http://www.musicwriter.ca/

No comments: