Saturday, December 8, 2007

Time Flies....


Wow....December 8th already! How do the days fly past so quickly. We're on the countdown to yet another Christmas, and we're back into the Manitoba deep freeze. Seems we were just here weeks ago!
It's been a really busy fall. Travelling into Winnipeg to attend college two days a week takes a serious bite out of available time, but I'm so glad I'm doing it. I've met just an awesome bunch of fellow students, and amazing instructors who are all as passionate about the work we do as we are. It's been a great experience...however that said, I'm still more than ready for Christmas Break.
We had the third house concert in our Home Routes House Concert series in November, when we hosted Andy Cohen, from Memphis, Tennessee. What a cool, diverse fellow he turned out to be. Another great night of music enjoyed by all.
I've been keeping pretty busy musically as well. Playing at a number of Christmas events, the Cypress River Volunteer Appreciation night (hi Auntie Ellie!), the AGM for CMHA in Brandon, etc, etc, etc....
I also enjoyed a great weekend at Elkhorn Resort for the Ladies only BREATHE weekend....it was wonderful! Such a great group of ladies attended, and we had terrific presenters, and I got to play there to close the event as well.
I've also been really busy trying to organize time to work on new material, and I'm looking at doing some recording in the new year, as there are some really good opportunities for a couple of my new songs to be promoted through some of the people I've connected with the past few months, so I don't want to let the gift pass me by!
I've also been part of a project to pay tribute to Amanda Frizzley, who was killed when her tow truck was hit in Winnipeg in September. Amanda was my cousin's daughter, and an original song that I'd sang for her funeral is being recorded. Hopefully the project will help to keep Amanda's memory alive and lead to something good, through such a difficult time for all who knew her.
The WCMA's in Moose Jaw were a hoot. Met a lot of new people, and reconnected with some we'd met before. I would have to say the highlight for me was meeting Buffy Ste. Marie. What an amazing lady! MARIA brought her into speak last night in Winnipeg, and I'd really wanted to take Bianca in with me to hear her, but the week ended up being just a day too long, and by last night, all I really wanted to do was to head for home, put on my housecoat, and chill by the fireplace.....now that was an awesome night!!!
That's all for now!! Hi Uncle Joe and Auntie Paulette...hope you're enjoying the sunshine where you are!!
Later all,
Lynda

No comments: