Saturday, March 31, 2007

Life in the fast lane

Wow....the end of March! I can't believe that it's been another three weeks since I found the time to sit down, catch my breath and follow my dream. Somethings gotta change, because I'm starting to feel that disconnect with my spirit that leaves everything off balance. The past several weeks have been incredibly busy with work, all in a good way, learning tons and moving forward, but incredibly busy none the less. Two weeks ago I added up my work related hours and it came to 69 for the week. Too much, especially considering when the work is done, the family still needs to be afforded the time they deserve. By the time that's done, there's definitely no time for Lynda. So, I'm making myself an April Fool's resolution (New Years ones don't seem to cut it for me somehow!) and starting tomorrow, things are going to have to be different. I know there will be struggle, and there will be guilt about the pile not done, but as I always say, I only have about 10,000 days left on this earth if all goes well! How do I want to spend those days?
Spring break is almost over, calving is underway, Tin Pan South in Nashville will be just about finished (so I can quit whining about that) and time moves on. Most of our snow birder friends are back home or on their way, so our little town is coming to life again. All is well, and busy beats bored.
I think that's all I'll post for now. We have a busy day ahead (I've decided that maybe leaving my posts till the end of the day isn't the wisest, as I can never keep my eyes open!). We're off to the big city to look at new bathroom fixtures. We didnt' get to Florida this winter and we didn't get to Nashville, so darnit we're going to get an upgraded bathroom! Some of it is indulgence, a lot of it is necessity. When this house was constructed in 1950, I don't think indoor bathrooms were necessarily thought to be a priority. When it did go in, it was quite compact. Compact is okay, but now that we have 2 wheelchairs in the family, it just doesn't work anymore, so it's time to make some changes. I'm excited because a wider room means a longer tub!! Whoohoooo! Life just keeps getting better I swear.
Promise I'll be back soon...then I'll fill you all in on the Femme Fix!
Later,
Lynda
www.musicwriter.ca

No comments: