Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Jann Arden, JP Hoe

What a great night last night was! Last night I had the chance to sit back, wind down and enjoy an awesome concert at the Westman Auditorium in Brandon. I needed that night so badly...and I needed the reminder of balance that it gave me as well. Jann Arden was incredible as always as she delivered 2 1/2 hours of her best tunes, new and old. Her band and her humor always take you to the place your heart longs for. It was wonderful.
JP Hoe was also a wonderful surprise! I'd heard him breifly as part of one of the sessions at last years WCMA awards, and was suitably impressed then, but last night he gained a whole new following of fans in the westman area! His terrific voice and his mastery of the accoustic guitar made for a wonderful opening act. Good sense of humor too! All in all, the night just made me want to go home and write, and play, and remember what it is that feeds my soul.

Balance continues to be a struggle for me these days...I keep promising myself change, but I don't seem to be able to deliver! The hours of work are overwhelming, my guitar sits untouched in the corner of my room, my sense that something is missing continues to grow, but change is in the wind. Spring brings a renewal of spirit, hope, promise, and dreams.....I feel the rejuvenation within.

I had a great girls night out last night. Thanks Janis! It's amazing how connecting with someone whose appreciation of an art lifts you up! It was great.

I'm looking forward to this weekend as well. Friday, May 4th, I'll be performing at the Femme Fix in Brandon. It's an ACL Brandon fundraiser that promises to be a hoot! Ladies only...sorry guys! I've been busy squeezing in rehearsal time enroute to my various destinations, singing my heart out behind the wheel. It garners a lot of strange looks, but it centers you to what you love at the same time.

Life is amazing as always! The business is a little overwhelming from time to time, but I know that it's starting to wind down, so that makes it manageable. The bathroom turned out amazing! I can spend hours just sitting in the tub enjoying my new surroundings...and I don't even need to be having a bath to do it!! The yard is greening up, and a new season is upon us. I'm also really excited about a call I received the other night from Home Routes, with the hope being that over the next year or so I'll have the opportunity to host some house concerts at the farm. What a cool concept! What a neat way to keep a finger on the pulse of the dream! What a life!

Later,
Lynda
www.musicwriter.ca

No comments: