Friday, January 26, 2007

The end of another busy day...

Sorry, I've been out of touch for a couple of nights. My job providing resources for some wonderful folks in the province, took me on one of my road trips this week! I really do love getting behind the wheel and just cruising for miles (and if anyone ever asks, I look really hot in my Jeep!). Okay, maybe not hot, but I do love cruisin' in Libby!
I find driving alone is just about the most wonderful time to reflect and think, and the wheels are just a-turning when I head out I'll tell you! It's amazing how many of your life challenges you can sort out as you watch the dotted lines roll by. I've always enjoyed that aspect of my life.
I've also written a pile of tunes when I'm behind the wheel for long periods of time. Most of the time, I turn the radio off and just let the music in my head play itself out....probably makes you all nervous knowing you share the highway with me doesn't it!?!?! It's true though. There are so few opportunities for that kind of solitude in our day to day living. I do enjoy the quiet. And when I hit that stretch between Dauphin and Swan River where's no cell reception, and next to no radio, solitude is what I get. One thing I've always been really happy to say is that I'm never lonely alone!
Today I wore one of my other hats (I have about 15 that I regularly switch off depending on what role I'm playing). But today was the cattle lady hat. It was one of those busy days, when we gathered the forces and ran all the girls through for the annual pregtest. I'll tell you a day like this keeps you from getting above your raising that's for sure. Oh, the reality of life!
Anyhow, another week is winding up. www.musicwriter.ca has had a stellar start, thanks to all of the wonderful people who have taken the time to visit and explore it. My thanks to all of you.
It's also been a busy week on the family front. Happy birthday to two of my beautiful daughters, Lisa and Bianca. You bless my life by being part of it! Thankyou both for being all you are (Kathy, you'll get your turn in May but you know you're included!!)
I'm signing off with tired feet and a happy heart. Life is so diverse and wonderful!
Later,
L
www.musicwriter.ca

No comments: