Sunday, January 21, 2007

"In the Company of Friends"

I was reminded today why it is that that song resonates so strongly in my heart and in my life. Last night was the first time in a long time, that I actually had a little time, so I spent part of the evening emailing friends and aquaintances to let them know that my new website was up and running and to ask them to take a peak at www.musicwriter.ca and let me know what they thought of it.
This morning when I got going, I had an email box full of compliments and good wishes from family, friends and aquaintances! Every one had not only taken the time to check things out, but had taken the time to drop me a line about it. Wow, I just hope at the end of the day I'm as good a friend to others as they are to me. Thankyou all!
There are people that look at my life, and think that I'm about the unluckiest person they know. Granted, my life has had more than it's share of pitfalls and heartaches, but those that don't see the whole picture can't know that for every one of those heartaches, I've had at least a million blessings; they can't know that each and every time events brought me to my knees, an army of family and friends rallied around me to lift me back up; they can't know that every fork in the road that I chose that may have appeared to be the wrong one eventually led me right to where I am today. And that's exactly where I'm supposed to be. I haven't got one single doubt about it.
I dedicate "In the Company of Friends" to all the amazing people and relationships in my life that give it such value and meaning. I know without that circle, I certainly wouldn't be where I am today!
L

No comments: