Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A spontaneous breakaway...


The Grand Ole Opry House...I love this picture and the memories that it brings back! It seems like it was so long ago, but in reality it was less than a year. I keep telling myself that I don't need to trek back to Nashville this year, but a little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering a different line. I guess I'd better tell that little voice if it thinks it's heading south any time soon, it'd better get it's butt into the city to get a passport. I hear that's taking up to three months by mail if you don't have a day or more to sit there in line and wait. That alone should put the brakes on that darn little voice!
I guess I'm thinking back to last year's breakaway, because we're working at another one today. Only for about 48hours, but when I do all that I do to have this little breath of spontaneity, I can't imagine how we ever got away with last year's. Right now we're just trying to get off the farm for a day or two, but by the time the cows are taken care of, the arrangements are in place for Shane, the last load or two of grain is delivered, and all the lose ends for my job are tied up....somedays it's just easier to stay home!
I'm looking forward to getting into the city though. There's not a lot going on that's drawing us in, and its too cold to look at a lot of the stuff going on right now, but it's a change none the less. I'm hoping we'll have the chance to connect with some really neat people that we met last fall at the Western Canadian Music Awards. It's so nice to spend a little time with likeminded people, or should I say likeminded people for the "fun" side of my life. I spend most of my life with 'likeminded' people, but often that is others that are passionate about deeper, more serious things I deal with day to day. No, today it's going to be about a little fun. A little music, a little learning, a little change from the ordinary.
I assure you it's not going to be the Grand Ole Opry, but it is going to be a nice break.
L

No comments: